Thursday, March 18, 2010

My heart is bleeding for the Rape Victims of HAITI.....

I sit here reading and I am tearing up, all the while thinking what I can do to help, how to make this STOP NOW!

But I can barely process beyond what I am reading...................and I feel sick, disgusted, horrified but when I get to this sentence

Another child, a 2-year-old, had been raped in the same camp two weeks earlier. The toddler is taking antibiotics for a gonorrhea infection of the mouth,

as i read it my heart bleeds, this is truly and deeply sad. Although rape is despicable in any way shape or form, this brutal act happening to a 2 year old CHILD is heinous. I am so sad right now and I don't know how to communicate the depth of what I feel.

When I read this I see my toddler nieces face all three of them, my daughter is 17 months and her face is prominent while I am reading this article inspite of the fact that at this very moment i am writing this, they are safe in their beds hundreds of miles away from HAITI but my heart is still bleeding as any mother would as any right minded person should.

No comments:

Post a Comment